Thursday, June 17, 2010

GASP!

An injury...

I would like to say it was one caused by triumph and endurance but in fact it was not. I hurt my ankle and knee during a coed softball game. I stepped on Second Base wrong and turned it a little. So, I had to take a break from my running. I think tomorrow I will be back and ready to go tackling 3 miles on Friday and 4 on Saturday! I know I am slow to start, but as I mentioned before I have been hesitant about this whole process. I know that TNT is supposed to be an empowering experience, but I have felt so socially awkward that I keep avoiding my running group. I know I need to suck it up and get out there at 7:00 AM this Saturday. I need to just remember that no matter what happens I will be ok, and that no one is judging me. Listen to me, I sound like a scared middle schooler. I know that once I bite the bullet and meet the group I will feel so excited.

Too much talking, no enough doing right? I can't believe I am going to run 4 miles. I know compared to 26.2 that seems small, but I don't think I have EVER ran that far before.

Next week I am up to 5 and in a couple I will be up to late. I am a bit behind my schedule, but I am not going to let that stop me!

Deep breath. I can do this. Again, too much talking, not enough doing. I AM going to FINISH this and cross the finish line knowing I not only ran 26.2 miles but also raised money for an amazing cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment