Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall....



Mirror Mirror on the wall...

I have started to train for my the Marine Corp Marathon with TNT. I find myself looking in the mirror in the morning before a run trying to psyche myself up to run. I have been crippled by self doubt, self loathing, and anxiety concerning my possible inability to train, run and fund raise for the event. This is not normally like me. I usually attack a task with veracity and purpose. This has been a constant battle for me and after communicating with my team captain, who shared with me that she in fact has the same fear, I decided to feel the fear and do it anyway. After a couple set backs (I could NOT find my running group last weekend) I am ready to attack this training like a lion. Starting tomorrow I am committing to follow my training, get lots of rest and hydrate and eat right. I am tired of looking in the mirror and seeing what I think is failure (in the diet and fitness arena anyway) and start looking at a determined and strong woman.

This blog is going to be my venue to discuss my training, my diet, my fears and my successes.
I hope to embrace this as an outlet for all my woes and worries but also my joy.

I think in the next couple weeks, I will feel the confident and unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment