Sunday, April 18, 2010

Asheville...

So Asheville, NC is an amazing city. Filled with yummy restaurants, record stores, bars with amazing music spill out onto the sidewalk, used book stores (one even carrying the 3rd edition of the Book of Common Prayer) and fabulous vintage clothing stores. We arrived on Thursday and after checking into the hotel hit the town. First stop, a small pub called Hannah Flannigans. There we made friends with a local waitress who told us of other places we must visit and drank from their extensive list of beers. The best thing I discovered was a local beer called Piscah. There were many Piscah varieties to pick from and the husband and I attempted to run the gamut. The Pale Ale was a beautiful Amber color, not too heavy but with just enough flavor without being too complex.

We spent Friday exploring the city.We had wonderful breakfast at Over Easy where I had the BEST granola and organic vanilla yogurt I have ever had (not to mention the very generous mimosa they poured).

I, of course, took pictures in Over Easy. The place was awesome. Small, with about 10 tables and a bar. The added touch of a screen door gave me the feeling of eating a home cooked breakfast at my grandmothers.




Note: Please excuse my pictures - my camera is on its last leg. Next purchase... Cannon D3000

After breakfast we spent some time perusing the multitude of record stores and used book stores that Asheville has to offer.








The rest of the afternoon was spent eating pizza, napping and finally going out in the evening to eat, drink and be merry. My favorite place.. The Thirsty Monk.







After a night of debauchery we went to bed. Only to wake up and have "tragedy" strike. My poor husband slipped on some water in the bathroom and broke his glasses and two front teeth. We spent all Saturday contacting our Eye Doctor in Roanoke, VA to call in his glasses prescription, finding the mall, waiting at Lens Crafters and worrying about his very painful teeth predicament. It did not help that because he could not see I kept calling him "Scent of a Woman". Needless to say we took it easy on Saturday. We drove to a small town called Weaverville, ate a place the size of my living room and then took a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We packed up on Sunday... Bye Bye Asheville.

Which brings me to why I did not blog this week. My poor husband had a cracked tooth and was in so much pain he could barely eat anything, even liquids. I took care of him all week, skipping most planned activities. Luckily, on Friday, he got the issue taking care of. They pulled the tooth and gave him a bridge. He is still recovering but feels A LOT better now!

So there ends our Asheville saga. We did not let the whole incident ruin our trip... we just found a "work around".

Tomorrow.. I will update on TNT. There is so much to talk about including my dream shoes by Nike.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Asheville pics. I hope to go there later this year!

    Wishing hubby a speedy recovery! What troopers you were for not letting it ruin your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got the dental work completed on Friday! He is feeling much better. Thanks for the well wishes. Email me if you need any suggestions about Asheville "hotspots"!

    cupcakesandcardio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete