Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I hit SEND!



I just sent in my paperwork and commitment form to Team In Training. I am officially training for the Marine Corp Marathon - which is October 31st in Washington D.C. I can't believe I decided to actually go for the full Marathon (yikes). Now I just wait to hear from my fundraising coordinator, trainer and meet my team; I hope there is one in the area! First things first, shoes. Right now, as mentioned before I have horrible trail runners. I am going to use my next bonus check to get some nice running shoes. My contact at TNT already told me that I should go to a specialty running store so they can fit me for shoes dependent on my stride and other factors. Training officially starts in May but I am going to do some prep work so I can get my body accustomed to physical activity. I also started looking at running clothing on Nike.com. They have a wonderful selection and I LOVE LOVE LOVE these running shorts.

The husband and I are heading to Asheville, NC this weekend. Not only will we be mostly walking around town but also I hope to head into the Mountains for some times in the outdoors. Who knows what the weekend will bring but I am excited. I promise to take lots of pictures!


Downtown Asheville, NC !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for you!

    My mom went to Fleet Feet to get her latest pair of running shoes. They made her run, try on different shoes, watched her stride/steps and found a perfect shoe for her. Plus they got her inserts to make them even more customized. She barely paid over $100 for the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete