Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is Slim Fast Making Me Lazy?


Let me preface this entry by letting you know I am blogging from my blackberry. This is the first time I have ever done this so please bear with me... I hope it works out.

So last night during the whole grocery store debacle, I realized that by simply depending on a two shakes per day and then dinner not only am I robbing myself of much needed fruits and veggies but I actually miss making healthy meals. I have been reading a lot of KathEats and Snackface (they are both listed in the "What Keeps Me On My Toes section) and I found myself not only salavating over their yummy and incredibly healthy breakfasts and lunch selections but also yearning to use my creativity to whip up fun meals.

Back many moons ago I was a vegan. Not only did I enjoy the way I felt but also enjoyed the ingenuity I had to employ in order to keep animal products out of all my meals. Unfortunately this endeavor was fairly expensive (my husband was a meatarian) and I abandoned my vegan ways and went back to the land of meat.

So here is where I have a tough choice to make. Do I remain lazy and a slave to the slim fast? Or should I get out my cookbooks and vegetarian times and put some effort into this whole weight loss thing?

I think I am going to need to refer to Bethanny Frankle on this subject (thanks mrs mfc - also in my "keeps me on my toes" section). While I do that though I am going to slurp down the slimfast I bought last night.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to get the cookbooks out!! And it isn't like you have to be VEGAN to start cooking again. Just try new recipes. Cook less meat if you want- or only cook enough meat for J. ANNNNDDD, it is almost time for the farmer's market to be packed full of fresh veggies- that should inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the farmers market. I need to really start using my culinary skills again to whip up some tasty and HEALTHY meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The question I started asking myself when faced with these types of choices is which one am I most likely to do consistently right now? That was how I moved from mostly unhealthy processed foods, to processed by healthier, to fewer processed, and now to mostly unprocessed foods. Even now, though, there are some weeks where my recycle bin is more cluttered with cans and/or boxes. At least they're not empty Little Debbie boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete