Monday, March 29, 2010

Culpeper.. Here I come!



After doing some research, I have decided to ease into this process a bit by signing up for a Triathlon "Sprint" in August. There are four levels of Triathlons with varying degrees of distance.

Sprint ---> Olympic ---> 1/2 Ironman ---> Ironman


I have found a 4 month program which I believe I can stick to that will have me ready for a Sprint Triathlon. I really need to give myself time to train, prepare but not push myself so that I incur any injuries. The Nation's Triathlon is a full Olympic Triathlon therefore the prospect scares me. From all the articles I have read, the best thing to do it start with the Sprint, continue to train and then finish up your year with an Olympic. I find this to me incredibly intimidating so I have decided to take it one day at a time.

I will expand on my routine a little more when I get a bit of a grip on it but I have posted it below:


Times per weekHours/Week
SwimBikeRun
The Original 13 Week2222.5-4
2x Balanced2222-4
Swim Focused3222.5-4.5
Bike Focused2322.5-5
Run Focused2232.5-4.5
3x Balanced3333.5-6




Now to pick up my running shoes and figure out the best race bike. I can't break the bank right now on nifty triathlete stuff so the basic will do. Luckily, according to all the articles I could find any bike you can ride on the road is sufficient. Also, we have a rec center that is fairly close to my work that I THINK has a pool. I think tomorrow I will stop by there when I get off to figure out pricing.

Well, I think I am on my way.

Tomorrow: My AWESOME binder

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. And a little bit scared for you... :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete