Sunday, March 14, 2010

Who is Cupcakes and Cardio?



How does one describe themselves? Sometimes I don't even know who I am. Simplicity is best when unsure so here goes....

Name: K. Wright
Location: Roanoke, VA
Place of Birth: Washington D.C,
Marital Status: Married (recently)
Age: 28
Weight: Too much
Likes: My family and friends, fantastic wine and coffee, fashion, literature, art (and subsequent history), politics & policy, public health (specifically surrounding tribal health and epidemiology), public broadcasting, writing, beautiful music, WW II era pinups, channeling Mad Men and vintage hand bags.
Dislikes: bad pop music, ignorance and jerks.

Why did I start this thing? Desperation and the feeling that I am alone in my quest. I believe that "self" is not something you find but something you CREATE. I still have yet to create myself as a person and I feel at points completely lost as to my direction. I am lucky to have a wonderful and supportive husband but I need to find my own strength instead of souly depending on his.

Who do I hope is reading this: Anyone and everyone has already or has yet to create themselves into something wonderful.

Where do I go from here: Hopefully down on the scale and upwards in my self confidence. I want to be free of medications, sad thoughts and destructive behaviors. I want to be the person I am destined to become and develop the strength to not waiver from my resolve.

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin


No comments:

Post a Comment